Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Its purpose isn't so much to show off my work, it is more of a way for me to catalog the things I've created. I hope you enjoy peeking at my projects while you are here!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thank You Card for our Vet

So you all have heard me talking about our recent move.  Unfortunately, that move entailed giving up our sweet kitties.  (Insert sobbing here)  My husband had one of them for ten years and we've had the other for six.  They were our first babies and it was incredibly difficult to let them go.  My little boy is allergic (as am I) and even on several antihistamines, he was still having a number if issues.  We had to make the call and do the right thing, even though it was a tough decision.  All that to say, we wanted to send a thank you card to our vet's office.  They have been so great through the years to us and to our sweet furry boys.

I was looking for inspiration and found this card on Pinterest.  I tweaked it a bit to make it more pet oriented.  Here is what I came up with.



Cute, yes?  I LOVE these colors!  I'm a little bummed that my stamping of the paws didn't come out very well, but that was my fault, not the stamps!  I've yet to master stamping honestly.

The colored paper is from DCWV.  The paw print stamp is from Pink By Design's Furry Friends Set.  The sentiment is from My Creative Time's Many Greetings Set (one of my favorites!).  The envelope paper, as well as the white, is just from my stash.

The joy of making a cute non-standard sized card is that you get to make a cute non-standard sized envelope too!  (Can you sense the sarcasm?)  I made one to match and since we dropped it off instead of mailed it, I put a little paw print where the stamp would go.



I had fun with it, even though it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to.

Thanks for stopping by!

:) Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I really love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. They make my day!