Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Its purpose isn't so much to show off my work, it is more of a way for me to catalog the things I've created. I hope you enjoy peeking at my projects while you are here!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Baby Gift

Hello there!  It is Christmas vacation for my students and me so you are bound so see some good activity on my blog for the next two weeks.  :)  The first thing I have for you is a little rattle I made for a good friend and coworker who is having a baby in early January.

I found this on pinterest a few months back and just had to make it!  I like her color and pattern better, but I'm no so good at changing colors in the round yet, so I went with a multicolor yarn.  She gave great instructions on her site and I was able to make it pretty easily.  It is so fun!  I'm still a beginner in crochet, so my seams aren't perfect, but they will hold!


I stuffed the rattle with some batting and put two jingle bells inside to create the rattle sound.  I know the second picture didn't turn out very well, but I like how you can see the two little rings better so I decided to include it anyway.


Cute, no?!  The blanket it is sitting on is also something I made, but it still needs finishing and so it will be on another post for another day.  :)

That's it for now!  Thanks for stopping by!


Cynthia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I really love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. They make my day!