Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Its purpose isn't so much to show off my work, it is more of a way for me to catalog the things I've created. I hope you enjoy peeking at my projects while you are here!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Etched Glass

Hello!  Ok, so I just have to tell you...etching glass is my new favorite thing!!

I was trying to think of a Christmas gift for my parents, who are a bit hard to buy for.  The last thing they need is more junk in their house.  I tried to find something I thought would be useful.  A few months back I saw my SIL Ruthie over at September Ninth do some etched glass projects.  I've been waiting for an opportunity to try it out, and this was perfect!  Their house has a southwestern theme, so I went with it.  My dad loves wolves and my mom loves Kokopelli so this glasses set was born!



There are six glasses, 3 with wolves and 3 with Kokopelli.  It was a bit hard to take pictures, but I think you can see well enough to get the idea.  I got both designs from the Lettering Delights Cut Its set called Southwest.

My mom's birthday is around the corner so I also made her a matching vase to set on her kitchen table or in the living room.  It is actually bigger than it looks in the picture.  



They didn't turn out perfect, but for my first etching project, I feel like they turned out pretty good.  They were so fun and easy to make!  My parents loved them!  They even want me to make another set of 6  glasses with some other southwestern designs from the Cut Its set I used.  

If you want details on how to do an etched glass project, let me know!  I'm not a pro, but it is so easy and the ideas are endless!

Thanks for stopping in today.

:) Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. Omg! Really beautiful...I want to make my own etched glass which look very unique so it will keep remembering.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I really love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. They make my day!