Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Its purpose isn't so much to show off my work, it is more of a way for me to catalog the things I've created. I hope you enjoy peeking at my projects while you are here!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Penguins

I had so much fun with my little owl notecards...I got to thinking.  A family member had a birthday today and she LOVES penguins.  After a little searching, I found the penguin image I wanted.  It was actually a free SVG file I found here.  I had to take some parts out and add some others to get what I wanted, but in the end...I think they came out pretty cute!  


The sentiments are from Emma over at My Creative Time.  The Just Because stamp is from her Just a Little Note To Say set, and the other two are from the So Grateful For You set, both of which you can purchase here.





I had a really hard time getting the shaped base to match up when it was folded over.  I was attaching it on the side (I used MTC to edit my svg file and cut the project on the cricut).  I asked Ruthie over at Septemberninth, who happens to be my sister-in-law (I KNOW!  I'm so lucky!) to help me figure out what I was doing wrong and she made a little video to help me out.  You can see it here.  She shows how to attach the two shadow layers on the top instead of the side.  


I went ahead and put a little white penguin on the inside to create a nice writing space.  I think they are quite cute!  I'm glad they turned out.  I almost gave up when I couldn't get the base to line up folded.  It might be time to take a break from shaped cards for a little while.  :)

The birthday girl LOVED her little penguin cards and I hope you enjoyed seeing them.  

:) Cynthia


4 comments:

  1. Pretty cute?!!!! BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, ADORABLE! I LOVE these more than words can say. I LOVE penguins and this one is just too cute! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. These a absolutely adoramous!!! Love them!!!

    Shar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I really love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. They make my day!