Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Its purpose isn't so much to show off my work, it is more of a way for me to catalog the things I've created. I hope you enjoy peeking at my projects while you are here!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Boxed Card Set

I just love spring, don't you? I love the warmth, the smell of fresh cut grass and new flowers, but mostly, I love SPRING BREAK! It has given me some much desired time with my precious little boy, as well as some much needed crafting time. This project has been in my gypsy since Christmas Break. It is a much belated birthday gift for a team member at work. Her birthday was January 11th. Yes...I know! I told you the crafting time was much needed!

I received a gift at the beginning of the year from my sister-in-law, Ruthie. I loved it SO much, that it was my inspiration for this project. You can see Ruthie's blog here, and the gift she made me here. (Ok...a little disclaimer here...I know I mention Ruthie a lot. She doesn't pay me to advertise or anything, LOL! She is the one who got me into this whole crafting thing, and I admire her work a lot. Most of you already know her so you can understand why! Plus, when I get an idea based of something someone else made, I want to give them credit, too!)

I made a boxed set of 8 cards and included envelopes. I made the cards blank because teachers have so many reasons to write a card, I wanted to leave her plenty of options. For the box and the base of all the cards, I used kraft cardstock. I just love the organic look of the kraft color! I also had to try out my newly purchased Fiskars border punch. I think it's called Treading Water. I also did a little doodling with my white gel pen. I'm pretty new to the whole doodling thing so some of the cards turned out better than others. I think my favorite is the plaid though.


There are two of this plaid one in the set and also two of this blue and green one below it. Sorry about the glare on that one!


All the colored and pattern papers are from my stash, except for the green I used for the band on the box. That is DCWV. The daisy is from the Walk in My Garden cart and I cut it at 3 inches. I finished the inside of each card with some cream colored cardstock because the kraft would be a little dark to write on.

I'm excited to FINALLY give her this gift. I hope she likes it! I hope you enjoyed it too!

Thanks for stopping in!

:) Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! She is going to love them! :)The treading water punch is my most favorite punch!

    R

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I really love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. They make my day!