Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Its purpose isn't so much to show off my work, it is more of a way for me to catalog the things I've created. I hope you enjoy peeking at my projects while you are here!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flower Note Cards

Most of you know I'm a teacher.  I wanted to give a little thank you gift to my room mom for the year.  She did so much work and I appreciate her very much!  I thought I'd make her some note cards.  I made a set of four.  I apologize for some of the pictures turning out poorly.  I finished the cards late last night and had to hand them out early this morning.  I took these shots with my phone as my students were coming in the door!





The scallop base is from a simple scallop rectangle from the Silhouette online store.  I just made two of them and welded them together.  The flower is a combination of two different cuts form the Silhouette online store.  The flower came from one set and the leaves from another.  I thought the button was a nice touch.  The paper is DCWV and KI Memories.  After it was all together I added some gel pen dots.  I really like how they add just the right touch to most any card!

I forgot to get pictures of this, but I finished the insides with a piece of white (for the pink) and cream (for the blue) so that it creates a nice writing surface.  I also added a strip of coordinating paper to the ones with the scallops to add a bit of color on the inside.

I really like how they turned out!

Thanks for stopping in!

:)  Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I really love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. They make my day!